We are hiring a Marketing and Communications Manager
Action Renewables is seeking applications for a Marketing and Communications Manager. The post is permanent and has a salary range of (21,952.00 - 27,930.00) depending on experience, with 25 days leave plus all statutory holidays and expenses and mileage are paid. We also offer fully paid membership of a healthcare programme. Action Renewables contributes to a staff pension plan. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Job Description and Person Specification
Reporting to: Business Development Manager
As a Marketing and Communications Manager at Action Renewables, you will assist with the design and delivery of marketing and communications campaigns and activities that are aligned with our charitable objectives and commercial requirements. Utilising your experience in content creation, you will work to engage new and existing audiences, driving brand awareness. Your knowledge of digital marketing techniques will inform lead generation strategies for our commercial services. With the support of our Business Development Manager, you will have the opportunity to work across all our teams on a range of projects when required.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
Assisting with the development and management of strategic marketing plans and budgets
You will support the creation and management of the company's marketing strategy, collaborating with the Senior Management Team to design and deliver marketing, branding and communications plans. Ensuring plans are within budget and that the marketing budget for all allocated projects/tasks is kept up to date.
Activating and managing campaigns and supported content
Working with Business Development colleagues to help create and support online and offline marketing campaigns to drive brand awareness and generate leads. You will ensure the implementation of industry-specific campaigns across multiple channels to achieve strategic marketing objectives. You will use a range of techniques, not limited to organic and paid social media, webinars, content creation (blogs/thought pieces), newsletters, marketing graphics, SEO/Search, digital advertising and events.
Researching, creating and scheduling marketing and communications content
Working independently, you will take an active approach to research to plan and create content (thought pieces/blogs) that relate to trends within the energy sector. A competent communicator, you will be able to switch up your writing style to suit a variety of briefs. You will be responsible for the creation of content across six social media channels, drafting and scheduling posts in advance using CMS tools such as Hootsuite. Proofreading and fact-checking content ahead of time to ensure accuracy and that the Action Renewables brand and objectives are reflected throughout the messaging. The ability to design complementary graphics using software such as Canva will play an essential part in creating successful content.
Reporting and analysing on campaign effectiveness and ROI
You will contribute to marketing effectiveness and ROI reporting on activities and digital campaigns by evaluating, analysing, and formulating reports for the attention of senior management.
Contributing to the development and management of external projects and alliances with stakeholders
You will develop and sustain strong relationships with key stakeholders across multiple European Projects that Action Renewables acts as Lead Partner/Partner on. You will execute marketing tasks/events on behalf of the European Projects in line with project branding and messaging and liaise with partners to ensure the effective delivery of this work.
Supporting the planning, management, and execution of events
You will work closely with our Energy Association Manager to collaborate and deliver a variety of online and physical events. This will include overseeing the design process of event templates and event administration including setting up webinar platforms and managing them on the day of the event, Eventbrite page set-up and management, social media marketing and registration and attendee management.
Requirements for the Role:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a related marketing/communications role.
- Relevant third-level qualification.
- Experience using social media channels and CMS Tools, including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, and Hootsuite.
- Experience in utilising Marketing Automation tools, including, but not limited to; Mailchimp and HubSpot.
- Knowledge of marketing techniques including content creation (blogs), webinars, organic and paid social media, SEO/Search with interest in developing further skills in this area.
- Supporting the planning and execution of events, including setting up and managing webinar platforms, event-related administration, data entry, Eventbrite set-up and registration management.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to cultivate new ideas, write effectively and creatively to produce messaging that reflects company brand and strategic direction.
- Meticulous attention to detail with experience in editing/proofing content.
- A proven ability to collaborate and work effectively across a variety of teams.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to plan, organise and manage tasks to ensure deadlines are met and the project is completed to a high standard within the allocated time frame.
- Experience in building relationships and managing expectations of external stakeholders/agencies.
- A self-starter who is highly motivated and capable of balancing their own workload while meeting deadlines in accordance with project work/ad hoc tasks.
- Degree or Higher in Marketing, Communications, or a similar, relevant discipline
- Professional qualification in marketing or studying towards (e.g., Chartered Institute of Marketing – CIM).
- Professional qualification in Project Management or studying towards (e.g., Chartered Management Institute)
- Knowledge of current renewable energy industry trends in the market.
For a full recruitment pack, please content Annette Herty. Completed application forms must be returned no later than 5pm on 21st March 2020. CV's will not be accepted.