Job Opportunity: Senior Project Manager
Job title: Senior Project Manager
Reporting to: Head of Projects
The post is permanent and has a salary range of £27,270.00 – £34,290.00 (depending on - experience), with 25 days leave (plus all bank holidays). Expenses and mileage are also paid.
The post holder will be part of the Action Renewables team at Senior Management level, carrying out work activities to provide support to the Head of Projects and the Managing Director. Senior Project Managers are responsible for several key areas of work. This post will be to manage the day-to-day activities of the consultancy team within Action Renewables. It will require experience of delivering technical consultancy reports and responding to tenders for the delivery of technical consultancy.
The post holder will be required to travel throughout Northern Ireland and also the Republic of Ireland in completing projects for clients. At all times they will uphold the charity’s objectives. Senior Project Managers are expected to be task orientated and self-driven, capable of delivering against tight deadlines and meeting overall targets. They are expected to be leaders in their field and capable of multi-tasking while also remaining focussed on the company objectives.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- To be a member of the Action Renewables Senior Management Team
- Provide support to the Head of Projects and the Managing Director
- Management of NI and ROI consultancy services and feasibility studies
- Management of tender responses
- Key Client Management and promote high standards of customer service
- Supervise and lead a team, providing support and mentoring as required
- Prepare reports and information as required
- Manage on-going work and ensure completion on target
- Problem solving and developing innovative solutions
- Occasionally represent Action Renewables at various stakeholder forums
- Participate in other Action Renewables activities as required from time to time
Requirements for the role:
- Third level qualification in a relevant subject
- 3 years' project management experience in a technical consultancy role
- Experience of writing technical reports, including the use of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of renewable energy technologies
- Experience of managing a team
- Experience of managing Key Clients and conducting site visits
- Experience of managing demanding deadlines and multi-tasking
- Able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Master’s degree in a relevant subject area
- Full driving licence
- Excellent presentation skills
The deadline for applications is 5:00pm on Wednesday 30th October 2019.